Safe Harbor Deal: EU US. Impact on Campaign Monitor?

The european court made on the 6th of October a huge decision about Safe Harbor:

One of the recommendations which comes from eco ( is to use only online services which have data server in Europe.

What is the position of Campaign Monitor? You have data server in US and in case of Europe you refer to Data Transfer Clauses. Is that still enough? I'm sure sooner or later clients or possible clients will ask us about it. We are based in Switzerland. So our country has other contracts with US. But orientate ourselves strongly to Europe.

Thanks for your Feedback.
Best regards

PS: Having Data Server in Europe can be a USP.

Disha Disha, 1 year ago

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for your question. Our legal team are investigating and looking into the implications of this recent change, and as soon as we have more solid details we'll be sure to let you know. I understand this doesn't give you any immediate information or help, so I appreciate your patience while we figure out the best ways to move forward.

swerveconcepts, 1 year ago

We work for a high-profile London law firm who are looking to use your service. Unfortunately due to recent EU ruling ( they aren't currently able to proceed.

If you are able to set up a EU server option then that would be fantastic

oliverweinstock, 1 year ago

@disha. Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to hear from you.

oliverweinstock, 9 months ago

Any update on this?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free