Edit Template but Workflow emails do not change

I have created a test workflow with 3 messages. I have my own template, which I have uploaded and saved as a template. Each workflow message uses this template.

I made some changes to the template, re-uploaded. But now the 3 messages do not show any changes when I check them in preview. I can't do a test send yet as I am not a subscriber. However, this is an essential feature. I would want to be able to change a template for a 50-100 message workflow without having to edit each message.

Can you help me out? Thanks!

ddarby14 ddarby14, 10 months ago

Same problem here, please advise.

Worse yet, when I update my core template file, logo, tagline, social links, etc - saving changes work, but as SOON as I open an existing campaign/draft based on that template, the entire template reverts to old settings.

My expectation is simple, updating a template should change all campaigns based upon that template.

Is it not working like that.

Thanks for your prompt attention.

dszeto12, 9 months ago

I had the same issue. You need to "edit" each email and allow them to re-save for the template change to take effect. It's super annoying because you have to go in to each and every email but it will work afterwards.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098