How to style tags like <unsubscribe>, <webversion>, etc.

Hello everyone,

First of all I am new to e-mail design and to Campaign Monitor. I have read many of the tutorials and guides on this page, as well as searched on the forums and I have yet to find an answer to my (many!) questions.

In this case it is about a custom-made template that I am building. In it, the footer is meant to be of a different background color as the rest of the template. The footer has the tags for unsubscribing and changing the mail preferences: <unsubscribe> and <preferences> with their respective closing tags.

The footer is meant to be of a dark brown color, and the text and links in it are meant to be white. Everything works, except for <unsubscribe> and <preferences>. How can I solve this?

I have tried using a <font face="" color=""></font>, from the css making the text white and adding !important, as well as putting these tags within <span></span> with inline css style. Nothing I've done so far works.

I do not have a template to show because I had to start over but I am slowly making my way through.

Many thanks in advance.

goatlady goatlady, 1 year ago

You can add style attributes directly to the Campaign Monitor template tags, eg:

<webversion style="color:#FFF">web version</webversion>

That works for any of the template tags that actually output html - i.e. it works for <webversion>, <preferences>, <unsubscribe> etc as the tag gets replaced with an <a> and any attributes are passed through, but not <singleline> or <multiline> as they aren't actually replaced with any html.

I realise your message was from a coupe of weeks ago - hope that helps and it's not too late :)

Need templates designed or built? Talk to me today: http://www.zingry.com/

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098