is there a reliable 1px horizontal rule method?

[update: partial solution below]

Hi,

I'm trying to put an HR in an email, but actually using 100% width 1px high table/td. I've trawled the forums/stackoverflow etc and can't yet find a solution that works across all Outlooks *AND* Lotus 6,7,8 (as well as the other clients but they're less problematic)

I guess it would be possible to do an if(!mso) and if(mso) rule and double up the content as I have some options that work in Outlook and some that work in Lotus but not both .. that's not ideal though

anyone have anything reliably working yet?

I am happy to test any suggestions in Litmus and post the results.

thanks
J

jmp909, 9 months ago

update

for my purposes I didn't need an exact 1px height in terms of the space surrounding the horizontal rule (ie it's not a pixel perfect slice of an image here, just a divider in some copy)

I found border-bottom:1px solid #FFFFFF for some reason gave me a black border in Lotus 7. could be something to do with the default font colour I'm not sure. however using border-top worked ok

this therefore appears to work for me in all email clients Litmus lets me test.

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td height="1" style="border-top:1px solid #ffffff; font-size:1px; height:1px; line-height:1px">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>

hope this is useful to someone

J

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098