Email list upload

Is there any method availabale in API to upload the email lists which has 'n' number of emails. Now, i have an excel file which contains email list. i can upload this file to campaign monitor website mannually. But, i just want to upload the excel file thro' API. Can i upload thro API?

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi smr, again you'll find this method in the API docs.

snowman18, 8 years ago

But only to any existing list? You cannot create a new list which I think might be the question.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

That's a good point snowman18, you can't create the lists programmatically right now, but that is something we plan on supporting moving forward. In the mean time, you'll need to create the list itself manually.

smr, 8 years ago

i tried subscriber.add  method, but i can able to add only a single subscriber.But i want to add bulk of   subscribers thro' the API. can u have any other sample code other than subscribe.aspx which u provided in the API?

Jason Jason, 8 years ago

Hey smr,

There is currently no way to do a bulk import via the API. It isn't designed to be used in this way - if you need to import a large number of subscribers, I would suggest doing it via the application itself. My apologies for any inconvenience.

smr, 8 years ago

Hi Jason,
Thank u for your reply.

mccann, 8 years ago

We have the same problem here. We'd like our clients to upload a CSV of their contacts through the API but, as you mentioned, it can only be done one at a time at the moment.
If we were to develop a system to do a recursive submit of each entry in the CSV would this cause any problems? - Is there a limit to how many individual subscribers can be added to a list within a certain time period?

If you could develop bulk uploads that would be a massive help! : )

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free