Email leads

Campaign Monitor team,

I am not sure if this is relevant question, but i thought i will ask and clarify.

I am Vice president to a Services company and i am interested in Internet marketing

I got your website link from different sources and i have been reading your forums.. I am confident to kick start my campaign

However, I am trying to find out if there is a common pool or a place where we could find affordable and quality email leads?

obviously i will do my own due diligence of businesses, but i am interested in your references too. As you guys are in business i thought i will ask you.

Thanks
Pratap Chowdary

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi Pratap,

Just to clarify, we don't allow purchased lists or lists obtained from a third party to be used with Campaign Monitor. We only allow you to email subscribers that are either recent customers or have explicitly opted-in to hear from you about the topic of your emails.

You can read more about the kind of permission you'll need here.

pratap, 8 years ago

Dave,

So in short what you are trying to say is that? I can use campaign monitor only for my internal contacts or subscribed contacts not to the potential contacts who are interested in my business?

Out of interest, why is it a concern to campaign monitor? the reason i ask this question is because not all companies wants to just send news letters when you want to market a potential service or useful information to list of customers, we are interested in using a tool like campaign monitor..

I would like to know the pros and cons..  Will be great if you could tell me why it is restricted?

vince08, 8 years ago

pratap:

You should check out ePost Direct, a highly reputable email marketing service used by some prestigeous Fortune 500 companies.  They enable you to to do B-2-B email prospecting using lists of people who have opted-in for third party offers and they adhere to US Can-Spam laws.  Campaign Monitor adheres to the strictest international regulations in order to protect themselves (understandably) but what you want to do is certainly legitimate and there are ways to do it.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Actually, our permission policies even exceed what the law requires. We have made this decision for a number of reasons, but primarily because we have seen more complaints and problems in the past from these kind of lists.

Also, as an email user, I know personally I don't like to be considered as a 'potential lead' to be sold to, in the same way I don't like to be called on the telephone or mailed by post. I'm much happier receiving email I actively signed up for, and I imagine many people are the same way.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
pratap, 8 years ago

Thanks Vince for your information,

Mathew, as you can see i got the information.. i can always stop this conversation here. But i would still like to see your view points as a person is in this industry and not interested in receive emails.

as you are a tech savvy person you subscribe to lots of rss feeds, visits 100ds websites every day and your knowledge base built via web i assume is excellent and you dont wait for offering, you mostly search and go to them.

Let us assume those industries who are very busy with their day to day production issues or  business management; more of non IT businesses (i.e. Manufacturing, Automotive, pharma.. ) how to offer services to them?

If an application provider restricting it? may i know your views?

suggestion to campaign monitor team: Can we have a small clarity visiual on your main page describing who are the users can use your service and who dont?, Please!

Thanks a bunch
Pratap

pratap, 8 years ago
vince08 :

pratap:

You should check out ePost Direct, a highly reputable email marketing service used by some prestigeous Fortune 500 companies.  They enable you to to do B-2-B email prospecting using lists of people who have opted-in for third party offers and they adhere to US Can-Spam laws.  Campaign Monitor adheres to the strictest international regulations in order to protect themselves (understandably) but what you want to do is certainly legitimate and there are ways to do it.

Your post was quite useful to me, looks like you are experienced. I would like to know your experience on these applications before i spent days on understanding them.

Like you can see, i spent almost 3 days on this website trying to understand the pricing and how to use it.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

For full clarity on the kinds of permission we do accept, see http://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/permission.aspx

We would suggest you gather permission by contacting individuals you meet at tradeshows, people who you interact with in other ways, your existing customers etc and asking them for permission.

It is the bulk contacting of people who you do not have permission to email that is at issue.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098