Linking to the preference center in the "Welcome" email

Can the <preferences> or [preferences] tag be included in the welcome/confirmation email?

[Added:] If not, are there any other customization limitations unique to the confirmation email?

And, is there any way to offer folks the chance to edit their registration info (name, subscriptions, etc.)  through a link in their confirmation email?

quena, 8 years ago

Another thought: If this isn't possible, can I build my own "preferences center" using PHP to query the API? The URL might look like

I see that the Subscribers.GetSingleSubscriber method isn't included in the PHP samples provided, so I'm not sure if this is even possible.

quena, 8 years ago

Tech support confirms that this is possible. (

Finge Finge, 7 years ago

Does anyone know the answer to the first post? Linking to the 'preference center' in the confirmation mail or within editable content in the editor? Any help appreciated.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi guys,

Sorry this hasn't been answered here yet, but the only way to do this currently is with the API, as discussed.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free