I read in a post that you DO import e-mail addresses to a list even if they are duplicated in another list but have not unsubscribed, but your help says you will NOT import addresses that are duplicated elsewhere.
My recent import said that "You successfully added 1011 new subscribers to this list and 46 were either updated, were duplicates, or suppressed". I assume that means you are NOT importing addresses duplicated elsewhere.
If that is the case, how do we find out which of the addresses you suppressed? If they are valid addresses (i.e. not unsubscribed), we want to include them in our campaign, but we don't know who they are!
I don't think you can see the ones that were already on your list (not added b/c duplicate), and the only ones that will be suppressed are ones on the suppression list, so I am not sure I understand your question about wanting to see them?
I agree with the idea to see the actual emails, but I don't see a scenario where you would override what CM is already doing?
I'm having this problem too. I have 4311 emails on my list but only 3979 are being imported. Supposedly the rest are duplicates but we've been through our list and they are definitely unique and the suppression list for this client is empty. In another thread it was suggested spaces before email addresses in the csv file may be the issue but I have removed these and re-imported with no change.
Can anyone suggest a way I can get around this issue?
Campaign Monitor will not check for duplicates in other lists, only within the actual imported file, and in the list you are importing into.
If they are valid addresses, and not:
* in the list already
* bounced out in the past
* unsubscribed in the past
* manually deleted in the past
Then they will be imported fine. It's most likely that you have a bunch of people who are on your suppression list from previously being bounced or unsubscribed and you can't just reimport them.
It sounds like you do have a problem with your list in that case, and we'd really need to see the actual file to spot the problem. One thing you could try is finding out what the last address that got imported was, and see if there is a problem in your file at that point.
Otherwise, send your file into support at Campaign Monitor and we can take a look for you.