Adding appointment times

I want to make a simple template that starts:

"Dear [fullname, fallback=Customer]"

Then line of text that will be generic on all emails.

Then an appointment date and time that will be different for each recipient.

Then more generic text.

Can anyone tell me a) if this is possible and b) how to do it?

I have tried to add a custom field named 'Date' that contains '08/08/08 at 14:30' but am a bit stuck now.

Any advice is welcome as I'm new and learning at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Cookehouse. The way you're doing it should be correct. You'd add the custom field and import your data with that field filled in. Then you'd have a personalization tag (like the fullname one you're already using) for that custom field. You can see what it is by clicking on the custom fields link on your manage subscribers page.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Cookehouse, 8 years ago

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but should what I'm putting in my template look like this then??...

Dear [fullname=fallback=Customer],

We would like to remind you that your last dental check up with us was:

To make another appointment please contact us as soon as possible on
0112 773 080 or email us back and we will arrange a date and time for you.

Your sincerely,
Dr. N. E. Body

When I've done it previously CM has told me that I need either the description, title or image tag in there?

Cookehouse, 8 years ago

Oh and what does the data type need to be selected as, text or numbers? I ideally need both?

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Cookehouse, If you want both you can to do it as a text field. If you want to be able to create segments on the date though you'd want it to be a number field without the additional text.

Are you using Campaign Monitor or MailBuild? It's kind of sounding like a MailBuild template you're creating that is missing template tags.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Cookehouse, 8 years ago

Cracked it!! Thank you for the help!!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free