Mail Build > Support for inline styles for content tags?

I have been working on my first template through Mail Build and came across some small discrepancies with Google. I have run some tests on applying styles to the CM tags. It seems that the following markup within templates will be recognised by the CM engine and the tags will be turned to <a> links but in Mail Build, it seems that the import engine runs over the top and doesn't change the provided tags to <a> links. Am I doing something wrong or were my tests correct?

The styles I was using are:

<webversion style="color:#999999;">click here</webversion>
<forwardtoafriend style="color:#999999;">forward this email to a friend</forwardtoafriend>
<unsubscribe style="color:#999999;">unsubscribe</unsubscribe>

Cheers

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi and welcome to the forums. Right now the editor doesn't support adding inline CSS to these tags. That's about to change come Monday when the new editor launches. The new editor will add your CSS inline automatically, so you won't even need to add style="" to your code.

We'll post an announcement on the MailBuild blog when it goes live.

sensoryc, 8 years ago

Will the editor be able to target classes to add the inline style. For example, there are two types of links that I want to colour seperately. So for instance..

.class1 a:link, .class1 a:visited{#000000}
.class2 a:link, .class2 a:visited{#ffffff}

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Absolutely, if you apply different class names to your wrapping elements, such as <div class="class1">, the CSS will be applied inline to the links within those elements. It's pretty clever.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

In the case of pseudo-classes (:link, :visited), like in sensoryc's examples, how is the inline style added?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Ahh, of course, apologies guys, there's no way that can be added inline, and therefore no work around for those email clients that only support inline CSS (the biggest of which is Gmail).

jmp909, 7 years ago

if you want different colour links use a <font> tag.

CSS should be avoided as much as possible

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098