Freeway 5 Express and Unsubscribe (& Forward) link

Hi list,

Using Freeway 5 Express, i'm trying to add an unsubscribe link, but i'm getting into trouble because F5E is a graphical editor and i can't seem to access the source code to insert something like <unsubscribe>Unsubscribe Here</unsubscribe>.

Has anyone used Freeway 5 with Campaign Monitor and got the two to work together? (And be able to give me a couple of pointers!? ... my emailer is basically one image with text on top.)

Thanks in hope,
ps i've tried using "custom HTML markup" and inserting <unsubscribe>Unsubscribe Here</unsubscribe> but it messes up the slices and makes the whole thing look broken. I've "inserted after <body>".

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Hi Slater,

You really will need to use the custom HTML option I'm afraid - it needs to be the correct tag in your source. You could use a text editor to add it in if you like.

Regarding your email as just one big image, that's actually not an approach we'd suggest. Apart from making it harder to add real HTML text like our unsubscribe, this is likely to prevent your campaign from being read easily by a lot of people, because many email clients do not show images by default.

Instead, we'd suggest have a read of our email makeover post that covers this issue, and offers some suggestions for improvement. You can find it here:

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
slaterk, 8 years ago

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your very helpful reply - the emailer is for a photographer and they'll be going to people such as art buyers and designers, so i'm thinking that it should be fine with regards their email clients showing images, and i'll make sure there's space at the bottom so that the unsubscribe is easily read too.

Thanks for the links,

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free