Spam Filter Tests

Is this an English only application or will it work if my emails are in French, German, Etc, Etc,?? For example will it pick up French swear words?

Does anybody know?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Hi simplethinking, Campaign Monitor has only English in the application itself, but you can send emails in any language. The emails send in UTF-8 format, so as long as your emails are created and saved as UTF-8, almost any character sets and languages can be used.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
simplethinking, 8 years ago

Hi Mathew,

thanks for the reply the question was in relation to the spam filter tests not the application itself.

Can I use the Spam Filter to test an email in French? Will it flag it as spam if  its full of French swear words etc.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

OK, sorry for the confusion. The spam filter testing is very English language centric, so I would not expect it to be as useful for non-English emails.

We're also on Facebook:
Fischerman, 6 years ago

Sorry for the necro, but is this still a part of the truth?
That the spamfilter tests are very english-centric?

We are sending mails in Danish, and im not sure how effective the test are with my mother tounge?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi Fischerman, Mathew's comment above is still valid. Do tell us how you go with spam filter testing your Danish-language emails - it's an interesting issue!

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free