Unsubscribe from a single list

It seems there is a bug in the API for unsubscribing users from a single list.
For example, when I call the following URL:
http://app.campaignmonitor.com/api/api.asmx/ Subscriber.Unsubscribe?ApiKey=$myApiKey&ListID=$maillist&Email=$email

it does not remove the user from the list $maillist, but from all my lists.

Is there any way to remove a user from a single list only? Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Kostas

travisbell travisbell, 8 years ago

Hey Kostas,

This is a setting you can specify in the "Unsubscribe Options" for each list. If you head into a list, click "Unsubscribe Options" on the right side, and then choose to "Only unsubscribe them from this list".

Cheers,

--
Travis Bell
mikez, 5 years ago

Is it possible to change those settings from API?
Probably during creation of a list?

jamesd jamesd, 5 years ago

Hey Mikez,

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to set a list's unsubscribe settings via the API. It's one of the many API-related feature requests we've had, so I'm adding a vote from you for this feature. You'll hear from us here when we implement it if we do.

jamesd jamesd, 4 years ago

Hey all,

We can finally offer you the ability to set list unsubscribe settings via the API. We're sorry it took so long to appear. We just have a massive number of feature requests, and it only makes sense to prioritise them by how many people have requested them. So this one has finally been included.

Please check the API docs for details. You'll also see this feature in the latest version of all our officially supported API wrappers.

Hope that helps!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098