Subscribe Form to send to a custom email as well as Campaign Monitor

Hi there.

I've added the generated subscribe form to my website but I'd also like it to email a custom email address.

I tried adding a hidden recipient input but no joy.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi Ewan,
could you be more specific about what you're trying to achieve?

Not sure what you're trying to send.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

Hi Ewan,

Do you mean that, when someone fills in the subscriber form, they not only subscribe to your list but send an email to another address informing them of the subscription?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
scopemedia, 8 years ago

Hi Stormy.

Yes that's right.
I want the details to be sent to the subscriber list in campaign monitor AND to also be sent to a clients email address.

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Hi Ewan, instead of using our supplied subscribe form code, you could use our API to add th subscriber to your list and then do whatever you'd like once that's completed, such as sending an email to a different address.

Check out the Subscriber.Add method.

On a related note, we'll be adding some documentation and code samples to our API next week too, so keep an eye out for that in the blog.

By the way Stig, love the new avatar ;)

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Thanks Dave :)

Ewan, a slightly easier option is to catch the form data by adding them as parameters in the url for the Subscribe Confirmation Page... But Dave's suggestion is better :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
liquidmagic, 8 years ago

I have the same issue and I opened a new thread for this but I continue on this one...

You mentioned that I can pass the form data as a parameter on the Confirmation page. How would I do that?

I don't want to use the API because I don't have the opt-in option.

ManOMalt, 7 years ago

hmmm... I been searching the forums for the same type of function (email notification when someone subscribes). It's a lot of work to use the API for each and every client, when this function seems so logical, simple and a common requirement. I had high hopes with the new CM release...but alas, still no email notification function. My clients would really love to get emails when someone signs up, unsubscribes etc. on their CM created form or other... I guess this is more of a feature request then anything else...

another vote for adding this function to CM... Other then that minor issue, it's very slick. thanks.

Bohemian, 7 years ago

Not sure this fits your requirements but there is the ability to subscribe the RSS feed. It might take the place of the email - just a thought.

psandlewick, 6 years ago

I'm also looking for this!! I have read through several years of requests with no help.

My client needs this for his mobile device. He would like an email sent to him so he can reply back quickly.

The RSS does not provide all the data needed.

plopes5000, 5 years ago

I love campaign monitor for it's simplicity, great design and attention to detail. With that said, it's hard to believe that this feature does not already exist as part of CM. I totally suck at programming so could never attempt to tackle the API on my own (I get sweaty palms at just the mention the word API). And when I tell my clients I can't send them a notification email via CM they start asking about mailchimp or another system. ACK!!! RSS does not help either. Most of my clients have no clue what RSS is let alone how to take advantage of it. By the time I show them how to use it they're thinking I'm a nut and wondering why can't I just send them an email notification. With my current account I've set up the RSS feed myself and then email my client personally when someone signs up. Now you have to admit that's a lot of love for CM to go that far!

plopes5000, 5 years ago

Okay - new solution - use CM and Wufoo.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free