Default blue text links in Yahoo Mail with inline CSS styles?

Hi

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue of blue text for links in Yahoo Mail. I know this is the default for most email browsers unless you specify a colour, which is what I have done. I have been using this email template for 3+ months and haven't had this problem before so I think its a recent change by Yahoo?

My code is as follows:

<a href="#" style="color: #E5173F; text-decoration: none;"><b>Full integration</b></a>

This normally colours the text red. It appears fine in HotMail, GMail, AOL Mail and Outlook just not in Yahoo. Has anyone got any ideas of ways around this?

Many Thanks
Jody

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

Hey Jody,

This was actually discussed over here just a few days ago, where a workaround was posted. Could you give that a try?

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
jodygibbons, 6 years ago

Hey Stig,

Yeah I just noticed that (doh!) I have gone through there method and it has solved my problem, so all done and dusted. Great. Thanks for your email.

Cheers
Jody

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

Hey Jody,

That's great to hear - thanks goes to Brian for solving that one :)

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
jodygibbons, 6 years ago

Alright Stig,

Yeah Brian helped me out before on another issue I had, he's a legend.

Cheers

Jody

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

As a follow up, Smith Harmon did a blog post on this as well. Their workaround looks something like this:

<a href="#" style="color:#808080; text-decoration:none;"><span style="color:#808080;">Link</span></a>

Note the use of the additional span. Brian and Stig are right on the money, though!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098