Importing Email Data and Customising Emails..

I have a .csv with a whole host of contact data on. The 3 fields i'm interested in are: Title, Last Name and Suffix. I want my email to start: "Dear Mr John Smith OBE", but can't work out how to include all of these fields into the subject line... ie: Fullname [fullname,fallback=customer]

any clues?

AP

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi AP,

If you want all of that information in your subject line you'll need to combine all 3 fields into 1 field called Name, then you can use the [fullname,fallback=customer] tag. Only the name tags and email are supported in subject lines. You can use your fields separately in the contents of your campaign, though.
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/help/topic.aspx?t=33

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
andypickup, 8 years ago

Hi, thanks for this, but when i add them all into one field, and add the [fullname,fallback=customer] into the body of the email, when i send it it literally says '[fullname,fallback=customer]' in the email!

What am i doing wrong?

ie:
Dear [fullname,fallback=]

On 9 September, we’d like to tell you about a new way to help businesses solve problems. We hope you’ll join us. In the meantime, here’s how one business did it.

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Andy,

Did you import that data along with your subscribers? If you're still having issues feel free to send an email into support and we'll take a look at your campaign and subscribers.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098