Importing Email Data and Customising Emails..

I have a .csv with a whole host of contact data on. The 3 fields i'm interested in are: Title, Last Name and Suffix. I want my email to start: "Dear Mr John Smith OBE", but can't work out how to include all of these fields into the subject line... ie: Fullname [fullname,fallback=customer]

any clues?

AP

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi AP,

If you want all of that information in your subject line you'll need to combine all 3 fields into 1 field called Name, then you can use the [fullname,fallback=customer] tag. Only the name tags and email are supported in subject lines. You can use your fields separately in the contents of your campaign, though.
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/help/topic.aspx?t=33

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
andypickup, 8 years ago

Hi, thanks for this, but when i add them all into one field, and add the [fullname,fallback=customer] into the body of the email, when i send it it literally says '[fullname,fallback=customer]' in the email!

What am i doing wrong?

ie:
Dear [fullname,fallback=]

On 9 September, we’d like to tell you about a new way to help businesses solve problems. We hope you’ll join us. In the meantime, here’s how one business did it.

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

Hi Andy,

Did you import that data along with your subscribers? If you're still having issues feel free to send an email into support and we'll take a look at your campaign and subscribers.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098