When considering the two biggest holidays of the year, Thanksgiving and Christmas are bound to top the list every time. But if you were to ask businesses about their two busiest holidays of the year, their answers will most likely fall right in-between another two—Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
In fact, 30% of retail sales happen between Black Friday and Christmas, which means it’s an all-time high season for emails, too. When you know that every other business is going to be shouting deals as loud as they can and all of your customers will wake up to a full email inbox, it pays to be clever, clear, and creative.
Here’s a round-up of some subject line inspiration to help you make this Black Friday and Cyber Monday your most successful yet:
1. Finish Line: Black Friday Doorbusters END TODAY. Snag ’em before it slams shut.
2. Target: Pssst! Get the scoop on Black Friday
3. ProAudioStar: ProAudioStar Will Beat ANY Black Friday Price PLUS Give You 15% Off Your Next Purchase
4. Artifact Uprising: If you’re going to open one email this weekend…
5. Dr. Axe: $10, $20, $30. Which will you pick?
6. J. Crew Factory: Gifts they’ll actually wear – ALL UNDER $35!
7. Self Publishing School: Black Friday deal for people who like sleeping in…
8. Ulta Beauty: Best. Black Friday. Ever. Just got even better!
9. Barnes & Noble: Take a Break from Black Friday Shopping
10. Newk’s Eatery: How to Survive Black Friday
11. Madewell: Kaitlin, don’t stress: 25% off for Black Friday
12. J. Crew Factory: ANYONE UP? BLACK FRIDAY is on…
13. Sephora: Get your Black Friday game face on ?
14. White Plum: What’s Better Than Black Friday Deals? – FREE SHIPPING.
15. Petco: Up to 65% off site wide – you’re not dreaming ?
16. Target: Wow oh wow! It’s our Black Friday ad + today-only deals.
17. Groupon: Black Friday is 100 Days Away….
18. Franklin Juice Co.: Closed for Thanksgiving, Back on Black!
19. Amazon: Shop a full week of Black Friday deals!
20. Shein: Be the First to Shop Black Friday Sets! 60% Off Everything!
21. Aldo: Black Friday Early Access: 50% Off Select Styles (Today Only) + Free Shipping
22. Discover Card: Earn cash back on Black Friday & Cyber Monday
23. Nordstrom: Why wait? Save now.
24. Groupon: Is It Black Friday Already?
25. Tone It Up: BLACK FRIDAY #GOALS | SAVE NOW!
26. Williams-Sonoma: ? Look Inside for a SWEET Surprise + The Great ❽ for BLACK FRIDAY!
27. Target: Yule love our electronics deals.
28. Leap Frog: Black Friday Savings without the Big Crowds!
29. Crate & Barrel: Exclusive Black Friday sneak peek. Save up to 30% off.
30. Quirky: Don’t wait ’til tomorrow! Take up to 50% off our most popular inventions right now
31. TopMan: ?Better Than Their Deals☝️
32. SunWarrior: Black Friday Sneak Peek Inside ?
33. Rent the Runway: Our Black Friday offer is…
34. Etsy: Here’s a *different* way to save today
35. Everlane: Skip The Sales. Make A Difference.
36. Etsy: To: the tech obsessed, from: you
37. Target: Black ✳ Friday ✳ Ad.
38. Overstock: We’re Bringing Black Friday To You! Shop Our HUGE Deals Now!
39. Ervine: Enjoy a stress-free holiday season with great gifts, extended returns and more –
40. Modcloth: What’s on sale? Anything & everything.
41. J. Crew: The biggest, best, most amazing, OMG, beyond anything, ever, sale event. Starts now.
42. Frank & Oak: Black Friday Event: 35 Shirts Under $35
43. Rue La La: Ray-Ban, Burberry, & up to 80% off dresses. Oh yes we did.
44. Aveda: Your Black Friday Treat’
45. Forever 21: Mystery Sale — How Much Will You Save
46. Loft: Stop what you’re doing.
47. Adidas: ★ 50% OFF! Black Friday Drops Now ★
48. Nokia: Black Friday offers: be the first to know
49. Finish Line: Black Friday Doorbusters start now. Put down the drumstick.
50. Target: ? The Black Friday Ad is here. Spread the word.
Here’s the beautiful and clear email you find when you open Artifact Uprising’s email with subject line, “If you’re going to open one email this weekend…”.
1. Ancestry.com: Save big for Cyber Monday – give the gift of family
2. Influenster: Celebrate Cyber Muttday with BarkBox!
3. Madewell: Your Boss Is Shopping Today Too
4. Dell: It’s Cyber Monday All Week!
5. Rent the Runway: Blink and You’ll Miss It
6. Missguided: Cyber and chill?
7. Julep: EXTENDED! 50%. Off. Everything.
8. Le Tote: Drop everything! We’re extending our Cyber Sale
9. Fandango: ? Cyber Monday is on…
10. Under Armour: ⏰ You Can’t Wait: Up To 50% Off Outlet Ends Tonight!
11. Rifle Paper Co.: Did You Get All Your Gifts?
12. Shein: Current Mood: BUY 2 OR MORE & GET ALL 70% OFF
13. Paperless Post: The big one.
14. Sports Authority: Hurry, Only Hours Left for Cyber Monday Savings!
15. BevMo!: $20 Coupon! Save Big on Cyber Monday.
16. Voices.com: Cyber Monday Deal from Voices.com Coming Soon
17. Forever 21: Finally! It’s Cyber Monday – GO GO GO!
18. Sephora: Work can wait. Exclusive Cyber Monday lineup
19. Tee Fury: CYBER WEEK STARTS NOW!
20. Columbia: Cyber Monday—up to 50% on great gear!
21. Houzz: Happy Cyber Week! Take $50 off your order and save up to 70% on bestsellers
22. Lush: Open up and you will find…
23. Fabletics: It’s Cyber Monday! We put $35 in your account!
24. Bonobos: Our best deal of the year: Up to 60% off site-wide.
25. EyeBuyDirect: Buy One, Get One Free Continues with Cyber Monday
26. Urban Outfitters: The $50 we owe you…
27. Oasis: An EXCLUSIVE treat inside…
28. Beyond the Rack: “10 Best Trending Gifts…”
29. J. Crew: Best Monday ever = 40% off your purchase (!), now with free shipping
30. Loft: Since you’re awake and all…
31. Rent the Runway: Pssst… Cyber Monday Secret Sale.
32. BlogLovin’: Cyber Monday’s Biggest Deals for Holiday Cards & Gifts
33. Paper Source: Double Dip On Our BIGGEST Deals.
34. Keurig: Last Call! Cyber Monday savings end today!
35. Southwest: Sale ends soon! Book your epic winter adventure.
36. Forever 21: ➌ HOURS ONLY: 50% Off Flash Sale! Clock is ticking…
37. Nordstrom: Cyber Monday starts now: our best savings online
38. West Elm: Cyber Monday SURPRISE! ALL on sale + FREE SHIPPING! + 40% off duvets!
39. Target: Save an extra 15% sitewide. Santa’s got nothing on you.
40. Groupon: Cyber Monday Savings – Up to 80% Off, Don’t Miss Out!
41. Fandango: IT’S CYBER MONDAY! Take 15% off gift cards!
42. J. Crew Factory: 60% off EVERYTHING + free shipping = how we do Cyber Monday
43. Swimsuits for All: Breaking: Cyber Monday Sale! Yes, it’s true!
44. Shein: Cyber Week’s going to be UNREAL.
45. Groupon: Get a Sneak Peek at Cyber Monday Savings
46. Noom: Cyber Monday Sale EXTENDED
47. Loft: CYBER MONDAY is back, but not for long…
48. Dress Up: Final Stretch! Only Few Hours Left For 25% Off The Entire Site!
49. Rifle Paper Co.: The Cyber-est Of All Mondays
50. Casper: Snooze through the sales…
Here’s the email that follows Rifle Paper Company’s subject line, “Did you get all your gifts?”:
Remember: Most of your customers will be bombarded with emails on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which means the time you have to grab their attention will decrease drastically, and the subject line you choose will make all the difference. But if you put a little more strategic attention into your weekend subject line planning and write content that stands out from the rest, you won’t have anything to worry about.