Everyone knows Black Friday and Cyber Monday mean big business for most companies, but those aren’t the only holidays stuffed with opportunities for email marketers to reach their audience and deliver a veritable feast of quality content to your subscribers’ inboxes.
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reach your customers before they’re burned out from all the shopping or exhausted from the holiday chaos. Additionally, the holiday that celebrates gratitude is the perfect time for you to give back to your customers, showing them just how much you appreciate them. Using your email marketing to say thank you is a great tool to build customer loyalty and facilitate their emotional connection with your brand.
If you need still need convincing, take a look at these impressive numbers. In 2016, Campaign Monitor analyzed over 400 of our own clients and our research revealed some staggering statistics:
- 116.5 million emails were sent on Black Friday, more than any other single day.
- 106 million emails were sent on Cyber Monday.
- 95 million emails were sent on Thanksgiving.
Our research also showed that while Black Friday saw both the most emails sent and the most opens and clicks, the same didn’t hold true for Cyber Monday.
Thanksgiving actually saw the second highest number of emails opened and clicked. Looks like people have plenty of time on Thanksgiving to scroll through their email in addition to all the feasting, napping, and watching football.
In order to help you fill up on inspiration, we’ve gathered some of the best Thanksgiving email subject lines to help your email get in front of your subscribers.
50+ of the best Thanksgiving Email Subject Lines for 2018:
- Casper: Happy Thanksgiving from Casper
- Plated: Best. Thanksgiving. Ever. It all starts here.
- Whole Foods: Thanksgiving got you stressed? Not anymore with 365.
- The Dish from Food & Wine: 14 Delicious Ways to Eat Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Ibotta: Let’s give them something to gobble about
- Artifact Uprising: With Gratitude
- Uber: Flying to the feast? ✈️ ?
- Blue Apron: Because those leftovers won’t last long
- Wayfair: Harvest decor. Thanksgiving prep now, pie later
- J. Crew: It’s OK to have seconds (or thirds) of this sale
- Vacationist: Gobble Up These Deals!
- Eat This Not That: 9 Disgusting Facts about Thanksgiving
- Orbitz: Good gravy! 20% off
- Food & Wine: 15 Thanksgiving Drinks to Start on While Cooking
- Lyft: You guys are amazing, you know that?
- Bluenotes: Put your fork down – this sale is almost over! 40% Off Everything.
- Anthropologie: Thanksgiving hosting, toasting & roasting must-haves
- Doug Smith Subaru: Share the Love with your Community
- The Marine Mammal Center: A Special Gift to Thank You for All You Do
- Expressions of the Vine: Wines That Go With Turkey (And All The Sides)
- Dormify: So are you pre- or post-food coma???
- Madewell: So Fresh and So Fall
- Southwest: Where will you go for Thanksgiving?
- Christian Care Ministry: Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.
- Anthropologie: Feeling Fall. Feeling Sweaters.
- dōTERRA Leadership: dōTERRA Thanksgiving Letter
- Bath & Body Works: ready to FALL? ?️?? start with these candles + $10 off
- Edible Arrangements: ONE-DAY SALE: 50% off
- Expedia: Fall-nomenal deal: ?Your 15% OFF coupon awaits
- Barkbox: Yappy Thanksgiving Eve!
- Bloomingdale’s: We’re EXTRA thankful today
- Brooks Brothers: What to Wear to Your #Friendsgiving.
- True&Co: A BIG Thank You + even BIGGER deals. Shop up to 50% off.
- The Paleo Mom: Paleo and AIP Thanksgiving meal plans INSIDE
- Aetna: How to stay healthy and fit this Thanksgiving
- American Eagle Outfitters: 50% Off + Free Shipping. Feast On This!
- Chefs: Perfect for Thanksgiving turkey!
- Food52: A little thank you treat for you.
- Postmates: Get $3 OFF Your Pumpkin Spice Needs
- Vera Bradley: Turkeyed out? Dish up 50% off!
- McSweeney’s: It’s Decorative Gourd Season!
- Ralph Lauren: Happy Thanksgiving from Ralph Lauren
- World Market: GOBBLE. THIS. UP. 50% off ALL Thanksgiving Essentials +$10 coupon
- Illy: Give Espresso Made Simple. Thanksgiving machine event.
- Dean & DeLuca: Dean & DeLuca Thanksgiving Virtual Catalog.
- Calphalon: Everything You Need for the Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner
- Pizza Hut: Pre-Thanksgiving done right with overstuffed pizza
- Bloglovin’: Charcuterie Board Inspo for Fall!
- Williams Sonoma: Turkey Talk: Preorder Your Willie Board Today!
- Mango: PRE-THANKSGIVING: EVERYTHING 30% OFF
- Anthropologie: The Thanksgiving Table
- Groupon: Thanksgiving Deals
- The Body Shop: Happy Thanksgiving, from our Family to Yours
- Orvis: Thanks for being you.
- XOXO: Pre-Black Friday Deals … Just for you.
- Postmates: Happy Friendsgiving! Love, Mom
- The Broadsheet: What we’re thankful for
- Nisolo: Our thanks to you.
There you go. 58 of the best Thanksgiving subject lines to grace your subscribers’ inboxes this Thanksgiving. Hopefully, this list has stoked your appetite for creativity and you’re ready to craft subject lines your subscribers will gobble up this holiday season.
Studies show that Thanksgiving emails provide a unique opportunity to attract your subscriber’s attention, whether they’re powering up for Black Friday shopping or just napping off the turkey. Remember, the subject line isn’t just the cranberry on top since 35% of recipients say they open emails based on subject line alone. Take a page from these effective subject lines and find ways to incorporate power words and even emojis into your Thanksgiving email campaign.
You’ll be grateful you did.