Marketing is constantly evolving, and there are multiple ways in which marketers may appeal to consumers. Email, social media, and advertisements are resources used to engage customers.
But which marketing channel holds the most promise? Which one will provide more bang for your buck? Let’s compare email marketing and other marketing channels so you can make the best choice for your brand.
Social media marketing vs. email marketing
- ~74% of Facebook users deleted the Facebook app between 2017 and 2018. (Pew Research Center & Statista)
- Number of email users are projected to grow 3% each year until 2021. (Radicati)
- 49% of U.S. consumers are not very or not at all confident that Facebook will keep their data secure. (Hub Entertainment Research & Statista)
- 66% of U.S. adults feel somewhat or very confident that their email providers will protect their data. (Pew Research Institute)
- 37% of U.S. consumers say they don’t trust social media companies with their data. (Hub Entertainment Research & Statista)
- 75% of consumers are willing to share personal data with a brand they trust. (GroundTruth)
- 30% of millennials engage with a brand on social at least once a month. (Sprout Social)
- 73% of millennials identify email as their preferred means of business communication. (WordStream)
- 48% of Americans have interacted with companies or institutions on at least one social media network. (LinkedIn)
- 80% of retail professionals indicate email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention vs. social media, which identified by just 44%. (WordStream)
- There are ~2.34 billion social media users worldwide. (Statista)
- There are ~3.8 billion email users worldwide. (Radicati)
- 81% of the U.S. population has a social media account. (Statista)
- 90.9% of the U.S. population will use e-mail monthly in 2019. (Statista)
- The numbers show that 52% of social media marketers admit to having experienced challenges when reviewing ROI (Return on Investment). (Curata)
- Email marketing has a 4400% ROI. (Campaign Monitor)
Paid advertising vs. email marketing
- Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on Google Ads. (Economic Impact & Google Ads)
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI. (Campaign Monitor)
- The average click-through rate (CTR) in Google Ads across all industries is 3.17% for the search network and 0.46% on the display network. (WordStream)
- Average email CTR worldwide is 3.2% and above. (SuperOffice)
- 64% consumers say ads today are annoying or intrusive. (SmallBizTrends)
- 73% of millennials identify email as their preferred means of business communication. (ProCurious)
- 92% of online ads aren’t even noticed. (LinkedIn)
- 70% of individuals want to learn about products through content rather than through traditional advertising. (Inc.)
Email reaches more users for less. As you outline your upcoming business strategy, make sure you use email marketing to connect with your customers. With its powerful ROI, far-reaching quality, and continued relevance, email marketing is worth the effort.
Embed this infographic on your site. Get the code.
Talk to an expert