Video marketing isn’t a new concept; however, with today’s consumer demands for more video content, it’s a tactic that more and more marketing teams are working on adding to their digital and email marketing strategies.
Studies show that about 54% of consumers want to see more video content from brands that they support.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is essentially the practice of using video in your various marketing efforts, especially in email marketing.
There are various reasons why a brand should encourage its marketing team to include video marketing into their strategy, including:
- Videos can improve your open rate by 6%.
- Videos can improve your click-through rate by 65%.
- Eighty-three percent of businesses say that video marketing produces a good ROI.
How is video marketing useful?
Video marketing does many different things, which is determined by the marketing team and their overall goals for the content. Before you start creating video content, you’ll want to make sure you address these questions:
- Who’s your target audience?
- What information are they looking for?
- What information can/should your videos be providing them?
- What format should your video take on?
Once you can answer those questions, you’ll be able to start designing your video marketing strategy. Your video content can be used to:
- Give your audience a look behind the scenes of your brand
- Tease product or service updates
- Provide users with product or service tutorials
- Highlight case studies or testimonials and more
How can video marketing help generate new leads?
While marketers already know that video marketing can help encourage engagement, many are left wondering if it can also help generate new leads to help keep their sales funnels full.
The simple answer is: Yes, video marketing can help generate new leads. It just comes down to how you approach people with your information.
An excellent example of how to approach this would be a short introduction video on your social media pages.
Source: Campaign Monitor/Facebook
This short video is only 30 seconds in length and gets right to the point of what Campaign Monitor provides individuals with when they sign up to be a customer.
Once a video like this begins to gain traction and starts to receive comments, shares, and reactions, the marketing team can do several things:
- Direct message those who viewed/reacted/shared with a thank you message and a link to subscribe to their email list
- Provide a link in the video’s description that leads viewers to an email opt-in landing page
Video marketing helps generate new leads by providing your audience with bite-sized pieces of information that answer their pain-points. In short, use these videos to tell your audience who you are, what you have to offer them, and why they need you in their lives.
Does video marketing really matter?
With the increase in demand for video content from consumers, video marketing absolutely matters.
In fact, when a reader is presented with a video and text on the same page, 72% of people actually prefer to learn about a service or product by watching the video.
When combined with the right email marketing strategy or social media strategy, video marketing can take brands to the next level.
Now that you know just how vital video marketing is to a brand’s overall digital marketing strategy, what’s next?
Since email marketing still reigns as king, you’ll want to start learning more about the use of videos in email, and we have the perfect guide for you.