Article first published December 2015, updated January 2020
It’s been five years since GetFeedback became part of the Campaign Monitor family.
Over the last few years, we’ve been focused on releasing awesome new features for creating online surveys.
Also, we’ve been working closely with the Campaign Monitor product team and customers to seamlessly integrate surveys and email marketing, since they both benefit from each other.
Today we’re really excited to talk about one of many integrations that’ll give Campaign Monitor customers a free GetFeedback account to start creating completely custom, mobile-ready surveys that can be added to their emails in just a few clicks from inside the email builder.
However, before we dive into the GetFeedback integration, let’s talk about in-email surveys and why they play a vital role in your email marketing strategy.
What are in-email surveys?
In-email surveys are surveys that are embedded into the body of your emails. Traditionally, marketing teams simply linked an image or CTA within an email to encourage their subscribers to take part in various surveys. Prior to that, many marketers simply hyperlinked a selection of anchor text.
Source: Really Good Emails
While those methods aren’t necessarily out of date, with the latest technologies available, it’s now possible to embed your surveys directly into your email body.
Marketers understand that consumers want their voices to be heard, and the best way to do that is through surveys. However, as consumers battle increasingly crowded inboxes, their attention spans continue to decrease. This means that grabbing your reader’s attention is more challenging to do.
So, if you’ve managed to get your busy subscriber to open your email message, you want to make sure that you engage them long enough to take your survey. While traditional email surveys aren’t necessarily the wrong way to go, with an ever-decreasing attention span, having to click a link, go to a landing page, and then answer questions could easily deter your reader from taking part.
The best way to quickly engage your readers and encourage them to partake in your email survey is to include an in-email survey within the body of your message.
There are various ways to embed your survey into your email copy, such as the GetFeedback integration available for Campaign Monitor customers. However, before we jump into how to integrate these surveys in your emails, let’s look at some research behind email surveys and why they’re so vital to your email marketing strategy.
10 survey stats to keep in mind when writing your next survey
Email surveys play a critical role in any brand’s email marketing strategy. Not only do they allow you to hear the voices of your subscribers, but they can also give you a more in-depth insight into the identity of your target audience. This can and will help you better segment your email lists, create products and solutions to attend to their needs, and so much more.
- GetFeedback saw a 210% higher survey engagement when they included embedded survey questions into their email. – GetFeedback
- The average survey response rate is 33%. – SurveyAnyplace
- The average percentage of views per email contact is 31.6%. – Fluid Surveys University
- The average survey completion rate is 78.6%. – Fluid Surveys University
- The most effective survey method is still in-person surveys, with a 57% response rate. – Survey Anyplace
- Internal surveys typically receive a 30-40% response rate, compared to external surveys whose average response rate is 10-15%. – SurveyGizmo
- The average online survey response rate is 29%. – SurveyAnyplace
- To avoid “survey fatigue,” it’s recommended that you only survey customers every two months. Satrix Solutions
- Larger invitation lists are often associated with lower response rates, making it essential to segment your email list when sending out surveys. – PeoplePulse
- Survey completion times can and will vary, with 90% of respondents getting back within three days of the initial survey launch – PeoplePulse
Create and send beautiful, engaging online surveys in a snap.
With GetFeedback, it’s easy to create surveys to gain more insight from your audience. Unlike many boring survey products out there (we’ve all taken them), GetFeedback surveys are super visual and compel your participants to respond. Plus, all surveys are completely mobile-friendly, so your busy recipients can take your survey, even when they’re on the go. And you can completely customize the look and feel of your surveys to make sure they’re a positive reflection of your brand. Not all surveys can say that.
Some common surveys we’ve seen customers create focus on gauging post-purchase feedback, customer satisfaction, and net promoter score.
Send your survey right from Campaign Monitor.
From the email builder in Campaign Monitor, you can select the survey you’ve built in GetFeedback and add it to your email in just a few clicks using the new “Survey” button.
After you’ve sent your email campaign, we’ll automatically track who you’ve sent the survey to, so you can see who’s opened and responded. Additionally, GetFeedback has a whole set of visually engaging, real-time reports so you can see the results as soon as responses come in.
We’ll be gradually rolling this out to customers, starting today. If you have any questions, check out our Help Center. If you’re not a Campaign Monitor customer, contact our sales team and we’ll help you get set up. We’re excited to bring this new functionality to Campaign Monitor customers and eager to hear your feedback!
Email surveys play a critical role in any marketing strategy. They help you in more ways than you think, including:
- Fostering better relationships with your customers
- Allowing your customer’s voices to be heard
- Helping you stay attuned to your clients’ needs
If you’re ready to start designing quality emails that include in-email surveys, be sure to request your demo with Campaign Monitor today!