What are welcome emails? Welcome emails are messages sent to new subscribers, users, and customers. By providing company highlights and store information, welcome emails are a great way to personalize and inform the customer journey.
Use the infographic below to learn about the effectiveness of welcome emails and why you should use them:
But are welcome emails effective?
Let’s take a look at the metrics that matter most to marketers—and to the bottom line.
Improving open rates
- Welcome emails have a 91.43% open rate. (Hive.co)
- Welcome emails can create an 86% lift in unique open rate. (Entrepreneur)
- The most effective triggered email types for e-commerce brands are cart-abandonment emails and welcome emails. (MarketingProfs)
- Welcome email read rates are 42% higher than the average email. (Campaign Monitor)
- Welcome emails have on average 4x the open rate and 5x the click-through rate of a standard email marketing campaign. (InboxArmy)
- 84% of B2C welcome emails successfully reach inboxes worldwide and have a 23% read rate. (Statista)
Generating click-throughs and revenue
- Welcome emails have a 26.9% click-through rate. (Hive.co)
- Welcome emails can create a 196% lift in unique click rate. (Entrepreneur)
- Welcome emails with offers can boost revenue by 30% per email, compared to welcome emails without offers. (Invesp)
- Welcome emails on average generate up to 320% more revenue per email than other promotional emails. (Invesp)
- Welcome emails see more than 3x the transactions and revenue per email over regular promotional emails. (InboxArmy)
When should you send welcome emails?
Use automation to ensure a welcome email is sent immediately when someone subscribes.
- 74% of consumers expect a welcome email as soon as they subscribe. (WordStream)
- New leads are most engaged within 48 hours of subscribing. (VerticalResponse)
- 11am, 2pm, and 6pm have the highest spikes for email opens.* (Hive.co)
*Open and click-through rates may vary depending on subscribers and personalization.
Personalization improves welcome email effectiveness
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful. (Demand Metric)
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. (Campaign Monitor)
- 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. (eConsultancy)
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. (Aberdeen)
- Personalized emails have been shown to deliver 6x higher transactional rates than non-personalized emails. (MarketingProfs)
- Relevant emails drive 18x more revenue than broadcast emails. (Emma)
- Personalized email marketing generates a median ROI of 122%. (eMarketer)
Most customers want to receive welcome emails, and subscribers are likelier to read and make purchases because of these messages. Get even better results by personalizing and automating your welcome emails.
Embed this infographic on your site. Get the code.
Talk to an expert